Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I Got Lucky Today with Big V - Daily Reminder #6 - 2016

My husband, affectionately known in certain circles as The Pool Boy, or more recently, "Big V" has been off work all week due to snow and in that light, I have to say, one man's loss is another woman's gain. Why? Because the man I married is the most thoughtful and accomplished house husband on the planet. Seriously. If he didn't look like a lumberjack, I would say give the man a string of pearls and a feather duster and we'll call it a day.

He woke up this morning at his regular construction worker time of 5 am but because he wasn't working, took the time to make me oatmeal and coffee, and then packed me a lunch that included a ham sandwich with dill pickle, Irish cheddar cheese, lettuce, mayo, and mustard, sparkling water, an apple, a tiny container of cherry tomatoes, yogurt, and a cookie. And all I have to say about that is, people if this isn't love I don't know what is.


















When I arrived home the laundry was done, the house looked great, and he cooked a dinner that was spectacular: Coconut jerk chicken, roasted potatoes, and baby beets.

I would also like to mention that the man took down all our Christmas decorations, packed them up, and put them away which brings me to today's reminder: I am very lucky to be so loved.

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment